As much as I love baking and decorating really fancy cakes for others to eat, my personal favorites are cakes that have no icing, are not overly sweet and have a slightly chewy baked on crust. The cakes that are old fashioned and rustic. The cakes you can leave on the counter and cut a slice when you want and eat it from your hand. Cakes that remind me of Dolly didi and her pressure cooker cakes, of joys in all things simple.
I know I am going on a nostalgic trip, but it’s been that kind of a week. When I feel overwhelmed, I bake. And so I baked this bundt cake with the flavors I love and added no icing. After all it was a cake for me to help me put myself in better spirits and take life one day at a time. Not everything in life has to be complicated. Least of all a bundt cake.
The Orange Blossom Honey Nut and Blueberry cake has a much pronounced taste of honey. So use your favorite honey. Also I used orange blossom and honey syrup to douse the cake in. The result is sublime!
I suggest that you don’t let the simple looks of this cake make the decision about the flavor. It’s simple but so very flavorful and hence my choice of cake to share with the #Bundtbakers for July. Our host this month is Shilpi and her theme is a a combination of fruit and nut. Thank you for hosting Shilpi. It was a wonderful theme.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Here are the Bundt cakes that everyone baked this month :-
Updated Link lists for July 2015- Fruits and Nuts
- Almond Rhubarb Bundt Cake from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Aloha Bundt Cake from Olivia at Liv for Cake
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake from Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Apricot-Almond Bundt Cake from Cali at Cali’s Cuisine
- Banana Peanut Butter Bundt Cake from Jana at Jenny and Sweets
- Banana Monkey Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs at Los Chatos Chefs
- Banana Pecan Bundt with Bananas Foster Frosting from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Banana Split Bundt Cake from Andrea at Adventures in All Things Food
- Blueberry Cherry Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cherry and Almond Bundt Cake from Lara at Tartacadabra
- Cherry and Nuts Bundt Cake from Diego at La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Cherry and Sliced Almond Mini Bundt Cakes from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Cherry Pistachio and Honey Bundt Cake from Ethel at eating in instead
- Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Eggless Mango Almond Bundt Cake from Shilpi at Simply Veggies
- Generra Bundt Cake from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Lemon Lime Pistachio Bundt Cake from Rocío at kidsandchic
- Orange and Pecan Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache from Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Orange Blossom Honey Nut and Blueberry Cake from Anshie at Spice Roots
- Peach and Pecan Bundt from Catherine at Living The Gourmet
- Peach Coffee Cake from Julie at Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Pineapple-Pecan Bundt Cake from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple Sundae Bundt Cake from Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pomegranate and Pistachio Kugelhopf from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Roasted Banana and Black Walnut Bundt Cake from Terri at Our Good Life
- Summer Fig Bundt from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Vegan Orange Ripple Rhubarb Cake with Pistachio Sauce from June at How to Philosophize with Cake
Orange Blossom Honey Nut and Blueberry Cake #Bundtbakers
- 1/2 pound 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 C honey
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C frozen blueberries
- 1/2 C slivered almonds
- 2 Tbs honey
- 3 Tbs Orange Blossom water
Preheat your oven to 350° and prepare a Bundt Pan with butter and flour.
Cream together the butter, sugar until light in color and texture.
Add the honey and mix well. Add in eggs one at a time, then the honey, lemon juice and zest. Mix until smooth.
Add the flour, almond flour,baking powder and salt. Stir to mix but do not over mix.
Fold in the blueberries into the batter with a spatula.
Sprinkle the almonds at the base of the bundt pan.
Spread the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Smooth out the top.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until cake tester comes out clean
Allow to cool in pan before unmoulding. After you unmold the cake, mix the 2 tbs honey and orange blossom water into a syrup consistency and brush it on to the cake.