To say that the blackforest is our favorite cake would be an understatement. Cherry, chocolate and whipped cream create a magical combination. Though I have posted my recipe for a traditional Blackforest cake, I was really looking forward to convert the cake into a bundt cake. Hence the Blackforest Bundt cake. This is my first time posting with the Bundt Bakers and after a couple of tries at bundt baking ( last month was coconut ) I have arrived at the following life changing decisions.
1) Buy a decent Bundt pan. I have no idea where I got the bundt pan that I have right now. It just doesn’t impart the beautiful ridges that bundt pans usually do. So please feel free to mention your favorite bundt pan.
2) Never bake a bundt cake on the night of posting. Yes I know Kelly from Passion Kneaded would raise her eyebrows. I just lied to her yesterday that I was going to bake it Yesterday. But I didn’t. I baked it today.
3) Never Lie about plans to bake a bundt cake. It’s bad bundt Karma. Plus they will catch you.
4) Learn how to photograph a Bundt Cake. This was one difficult cake to photograph. Add the added pressure of last minute baking, and photo taking and post writing. Back to decision no 2.
So there you have my story. Now that my life has been irrevocably changed by the bundt cake decisions, I am hoping I will do better next time.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Here are February’s Chocolate themed Bundt Bakers:
- Apricot Almond Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache by Cassandra at Cassie’s Kitchen
- Blackforest Bundt Cake by Anshie at SpiceRoots
- Chocolate and Almonds Bundt Cake by Kathia at Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate and Lavender Bundt Cake by Aisha at La Cocina de Aisha
- Chocolate & Rose Bundt Cake with Spiced Rose Ganache by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Beatriz & Mara at I love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bundt Cake by Julie at Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Chocolate Crumb Bundt by Catherine at Living the Gourmet
- Chocolate Custard Floating Island Bundt Cake by Jelena at A Kingdom For a Cake
- Chocolate Honeycomb Bundt by Sue at Just Sew Sue
- Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Chocolate Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Strawberry Pound Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cider White Chocolate Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Glaze by Patricia at Patty’s Cake
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bundt Cake by Linda at Brunch with Joy
- Devil’s Food Chocolate Bundt Cake by Tanya at DessertStalking Blog
- Double Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake by Carola at En La Cocina de Caro
- False Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anna at Media RaciÛn Doble, Por Favor
- Guava and Chocolate Bundt by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- How the Grinch Stole Valentine’s Day by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Glazed White Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake Mini Bundts by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Mars Bar Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Marshmallows Chocolate Bundt Cake by Shilpi at SimplyVeggies
- Quadruple Chocolate Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Sacher Bundt Cake by Esti at Mummy & Cute
- Spicy Chocolate Mini Bundt Cake by Rocio at Kids & Chic
- Triple Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Triple Chocolate Threat Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tunnel of Fudge Bundt Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
Blackforest Bundt Cake #BundtBakers
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
for the filling
- 1 Can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- Prepare your bundt pan with coating it with butter
- whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, until thick and pale.
- Sift the flour and cocoa over the mixture and gently fold in. stir in the melted butter.
- Pour into the pan ; Top it with half the cherry pie filling and bake for 35- 40 minutes.
- During the baking the cherries go to the centre of the cake making a nice filling.
- The cake should be raised and springy to touch and u can always do the toothpick test.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan before inverting it on a wire stand.
- whip the cream in a bowl until it starts to thicken, then beat in the confectioners sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture begins to hold its shape.
- Top the cake with the icing and serve. You can use the other half of the cherries to decorate the cake or serve it with the cake.