I am back baking with my bread baking group after a long long time. I couldn’t wait to share my Roasted Red Pepper Fougasse recipe and I had so much fun making this bread. Thanks to Sue from A Palatable Pastime , who chose the theme of peppers for us this month and is our host. We have many peppery goodies for you this month, so be sure to check the blogs listed on this post for more inspirations and recipes.
This recipe of roasted red pepper fougasse tastes best when made with freshly roasted peppers. I like to keep them just a tad bit crunchy so that the peppers have a bite in them when eaten as part of the bread. It adds an element of texture which I quite like.
I make this particular fougasse with the starter method. So planning a little ahead of time is important. As with all breads, you spend more time waiting for the dough to do its thing than active prepping and baking. And since this doesn’t require a lot of attention, I make the starter a day before when I start to make dinner. By the time I am done with dinner, the starter is ready to be made into a dough. Once the dough forms I leave it in the fridge overnight and then take it out 2 hours before I want to bake it. This allows flavors to develop overnight and gives me more control on when I want to bake the bread.
I love to smother my fougasse in more olive oil than should be legally allowed, but it is just so so so good with the Olive oil. It’s like fougasse was made for olive oil.
Breads with Peppers
- Bellpeppers and Cheese Scones by Basic N Delicious
- Bellpepper and Paneer Stuffed Lattice Bread by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Bell Pepper Stuffed Whole Wheat Buns by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Capsicum Onion Pizza with Wholegrain Base by Ambrosia
- Cheddar and Jalapeño Scones by Herbivore Cucina
- Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Stuffed Buns by Food Lust People Love
- Crushed Red Pepper Grissini by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fatayer Jebneh by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Green Chile and Cheddar Biscuits by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chile Zucchini Bread by Magnolia Days
- Jalapeño Bread by Cook’s Hideout
- Jalapeño Flour Tortillas by Hostess At Heart
- Jalapeño Sourdough Corn Bread by Baking Sense
- Msemen Maamer – Moroccan Flatbread Stuffed with Peppers by The Bread She Bakes
- Parmesan Cracked Pepper Beer Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pepper Pav Buns by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Roasted Red Pepper Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Roasted Red Pepper Fougasse by Spiceroots
- Spicy Herb Monkey Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Spicy Rolls by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Vegetable Stuffed Braided Bread by My Cooking Journey
- Zucchini and Pepper Cornbread by Palatable Pastime
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.