Cheesecake! You want it. Really really want it and then you think of all the extra workouts eating one slice or half a slice of it will entail and then you either eat it anyway and feel guilty or you don’t eat it and feel deprived of a decadent treat.
The mini No bake Kiwi Cheesecake is indulgent yet the smaller size makes it a smart treat too. These are not sugar free or low fat. These are very much the real deal. The smaller size makes it a perfect dessert if you are having many people over. They are easy to make in advance & spectacular to present.
I added some real kiwi jelly on top, a little bite of fruit within and kept the crust lighter. I wanted to make a dessert that would make me feel deeply satisfied after just a couple of bites. And this one does!
While searching for inspirations on a no bake cheese cake I came across the recipe for a perfect no bake cheesecake . I loved the idea of adding in whipping cream to make it light, hence adapted the recipe to make the mini cheesecakes.
You will need a special pan to make these. Here is what I used : Cheesecake pan
For the crust
- 12 tsp graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 2 tbs sugar
For the cheese cake
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the topping
- 1/4 C water
- 2 kiwis peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 350* F
- Mix ingredients for making the crust until well blended
- Fill into the mini cheese cake pan and press down firmly
- Bake for 5- 7 minutes, until lightly browned
- Allow to completely cool
Make the cream cheese
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese, until light and fluffy. Beat the whipping cream separately until soft peaks form.
- Mix the cheese and whipped cream together . Add the vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Fill in, right on top of the baked graham crust and allow to chill for at least 2 - 3 hours
To Make the topping
- Cook the sugar and kiwis together and then using a blender, blend it all to a smooth consistency
- allow to cool slightly and add in the gelatin
- mix until it thickens and then spoon it over the cheese cakes
- chill it again and then serve chilled
(Visited 2,592 times, 1 visits today)