White Chocolate- the sophisticated, velvety, luscious derivative of the cocoa powder making process is our theme this month. Rich and fatty, ivory white and elegant looking white chocolate. I did not want to undermine its flavors by mixing it in as chips into cookies. So I thought about using it on top of a matcha cookie. It is after all St. Patrick’s day. The lingering sweetness from the matcha when matched with the buttery flavors of the white chocolate makes for a good combination. I sent these to my hubby’s work and this time the reactions from people were mixed. A few of the tasters were not a fan of the matcha. That’s understandable. It takes a while to develop a liking for matcha .
But the tasters who liked the matcha cookies, liked them very much. They said it felt like having a cup of tea with a chocolate cookie. I will take that! Matcha is also a tea that you in fact use whole. You don’t just use the tea leaves and then discard them. You use the powdered form of the tea and you drink/eat everything. It has a vegetable like first taste, which quickly turns into notes of sweetness.
White chocolate is seriously underrated as a baking ingredient–it complements so many other flavors so nicely, like citrus, spices, berries, winter squash, etc. So if you want to see all the ways white chocolate can be used to make terrific cookies, you have come to the right place! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Black Bottomed Banana & White Choc Chunk Blondies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Cashew and White Chocolate Chips Cookies from SimplyVeggies
- Citrus Olive Oil Biscotti with White Chocolate Chunks from The Spiced Life
- Cookies and Cream Blondies from Sidewalk Shoes
- Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Japanese Yuzu Citrus Biscotti from NinjaBaker
- Key Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Liquid Cocaine (Espresso-White Chocolate) Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Matcha and White Chocolate Cookies from Spiceroots
- Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Chips and Toffee Bits from A Baker’s House
- Vanilla, Currant, and White Chocolate Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- White Chocolate Lemon and Oats Cookies from Bakingyummies
- White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake Cookies from Made With Love
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Bars from Upstate Ramblings
- White Chocolate Snickerdoodles from Our Good Life