Summer is tip toeing it’s way into Colorado. Usually by now, we all are complaining about how hot it is. Not this time around. This time we are complaining about how much it is raining and are comparing Denver to Seattle. It would appear that we are a complaining lot and I would not feel bad if you said it out loud. We just love how weird our weather is.
Due to the rain, our reservoirs are filling up and the rivers are flowing full speed and with force. We get a few moments of sun shine and then huge clouds build up and a thunderstorm or severe weather situation follows. The rain threatens our plans of outdoor fun, but we persevere. We make hay while the sun shines and disappear inside when rains shower on us.
It is on days like these, the sunny flavors of lemon comfort us with thoughts that summer is around the corner and is trying hard to get here. On our part, we are praying the rains don’t cause flooding and devastation and keeping our spirits bright with flavors of summer.
Did I not tell you, that we love to complain? My entire post is a rant! Except the part where I get to eat this wonderful lemon ricotta and poppy seed bundt cake! At least it feels like summer on a plate.
This was my choice of cake to bake with #BundtBakers for June as the theme was Lemon, chosen by Anne Horton. Thanks for a really sunny, summery theme, Anne.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board right here.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
- Bee’s Knees Lemon Honey Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Bundt from Cali’s Cuisine
- Bundt Cake de Limón from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Eggless Lemon Bundt Cake from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Extra Lemon Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Lavender Lemon Cake from Magnolia Days
- Lemon & Lime Cheese Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Lemon Apple Upside Down Bundt Cake from Simply Veggies
- Lemon Basil Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Lemon Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Tart Lemon Glaze from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Confetti Bundt Cake from Our Good Life
- Lemon Curd Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Honey Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Marble Bundt Cake from Jenny and Sweets
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon-Cranberry Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Mini Limoncello Bundts from Living the Gourmet
- Pink Lemon Pound Cake from Making Miracles
- Pink Lemonade Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Pound Cake Bundt with Lemon Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Soft Lemon Rosemary Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Spring Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
- Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sweet Lemon Bundt with Blackberry Glaze from From My Sweet Heart
Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake #Bundtbakers
For the cake
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 C unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- For the glaze:
- 1 C confectioners sugar powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence