Or one savors belonging to the loved ones, all gathered near the fireplace creating a warm home; Conversations happen, stories are told, laughter is shared. There is an old world charm about winter. It makes you want to go home and curl up with a book and some hot cider or hot chocolate. Now if only all days in winter were vacation days, life would be perfect.
Well, I have good news and not so good news. The not so good news is that it’s a Monday today. The good News is that we have Hot Cider. Who says Monday blues can’t be beat?
It was our anniversary a couple of days ago and the Spice Guy made this for me after the Devilishly Dark Chocolate Cake was eaten and the rest of it put away. He can mix a mean drink and this one was no exception. So I just had to share the recipe to make the Hot Tanqueray Cider with his special addition of Grand Marnier .
Hot Tanqueray Cider
- 1 oz Tanqueray London Dry
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier or some other orange liquor
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 6- 8 oz Apple Cider
- One Stick cinnamon
- Coconut Palm sugar
- Gradually warm the Apple Cider. You may microwave it but do not let it boil.
- Mix the Tanqueray London Dry, lemon juice, simple syrup and Grand Marnier and warm apple cider.
- Pour into a serving glass rimmed with coconut palm sugar. Stir with a cinnamon stick and add the three dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Sip! Love! Enjoy!