Chocolate doesn’t ask silly questions, Chocolate understands!
It’s my daughter’s favorite food, the only food she eats without complaining. Wonder where she got it from! And these Double chocolate chip cookies are her favorite. It is make someone’s cookie day with the Creative Cookie Exchange and I know making these for my daughter is going to make her day.
It all started with a search for that perfect chocolate chip cookie. The rules were simple -more chocolate, less cookie; crunchy outside, gooey inside; and last but not the least it had to be a big fat cookie.
My search landed me on copy cat recipes for Levian Bakery and finally the search had ended. I tried a few of those recipes and settled on this recipe from Christi’s Blog- Love From The Oven.
We substituted part of the sugar with coconut sugar, used Valrhona cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips and we freeze the shaped cookies for about an hour before we bake them. And we don’t usually wait for them to cool down before wolfing down a couple with some cold milk.
Make someone’s day creative cookie exchange was only an excuse to bake these again. I bake them for my daughter as much as I bake them for myself. Afterall, chocolate is cheaper than therapy and You don’t need an appointment .. Catherine Aitken
The theme this month is Make Someone’s Day Cookies! We chose someone in our lives that we loved and baked them cookies that they love! Maybe you will feel inspired to bake someone that you love a cookie! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Dulce de Leche Madeleines from The Spiced Life
- Almond Butter Cookies from NinjaBaker
- Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Classic Shortbread with Fleur de Sel from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Rum Celebration Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Jam Filled Butter Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies from Spiceroots
- Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies from Indian Curries/stew
- Alphabet Letter Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
- Soft Sugar Cookies from DessertStalking Blog
- Frosted Lemon Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Pie Cookies from It’s Yummi
- Apple Peanut Butter Doggie Cookies from Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt
- Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey