The purist will say that this Cranberry Martini isn’t a martini because it is made with vodka. Usually martinis are made with gin and vermouth. But then if James Bond drank a martini with a vodka, Gordon’s and Lillet, I can’t be that wrong! Now I am not a Bond girl (though I do wish it sometimes), I think what’s good enough for Bond, James Bond is good enough for me. And just to keep the purist happy we do have a generous portion of gin in this martini. And made it as he would have wanted it – Shaken, Not stirred !
The beautiful color from cranberry juice makes this a perfect cocktail drink for the season. And this Cranberry Martini is what I am serving to the Progressive Eats Cocktails and Appetizers Party.
Welcome to another edition of Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a progressive dinner party. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.
This month’s theme is a Cocktail Party celebrating Creative Culinary’s 3rd year of Friday Cocktails. Be sure to hop over to Barb’s post where she is giving away a gorgeous wine bottle opener to one of our Progressive Eats readers.
- Julie @ Savvy Eats – Pepper Jelly Bites
- Liz @ That Skinny Chic Can Bake – Smoked Salmon Roses with Endive and Creme Fraiche
- Jeanette @ Jeanettes Healthy Living – Spanish Style Garlic Shrimp
- Lana @ Lanas Cooking – Pepper Jelly and Brie Phyllo Cups
- Barb @ Creative-Culinary –Pomegranate Izze-tini
- Lauren @ Healthy Delicious -Northern Spy Cocktail
- Milisa @ Miss in the Kitchen – Orange Pomegranate Moscato Cocktail
- Ansh @ Spiceroots – Cranberry Martini
- Barbara @ Barbara Bakes – Simply Caramel Chocolate Turnovers
- Susan @ The Wimpy Vegetarian – Pumpkin-Coconut Cookies
- Julie @ Willowbirdbaking – Maple Cream Snickerdoodle Bars
- 1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
- 2 oz Tanquaray Gin
- 1 oz Kru Cucumber Vodka
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 2 olives
- Take a martini glass and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Get the martini glass out of the freezer and pour the Vermouth in the glass and swirl it around so that the vermouth spreads evenly on the inside of the martini glass.
- Discard the remaining vermouth and put 2 olives on a stirrer stick, put them in the martini glass and put the martini glass back in the freezer for about 15 minutes
- Fill a shaker with ice and pour the gin, cucumber vodka and cranberry juice over ice
- Shake the mixture till its nicely mixed and chilled with ice
- Get the martini glass out of the freezer and pour the martini over the olives
- Enjoy the chilled drink and the soaked olives in the end