He could barely contain his excitement when I announced that I would be baking a batch of grown up cookies. Not that he doesn’t like the kiddie kind cookies. He eats them all. And they vanish without leaving any trace around his waist, much to my dismay and envy. But I digress.
Back to grown up cookies. The kinds that are boozy with that heady flavor. I have been meaning to make some coffee cookies for a while, so I found the perfect opportunity to try the cookies infused with coffee and Irish cream.
The coffee and Irish cream sandwich cookies are speckled with coffee flakes and doused in Irish cream, then filled with a silky french buttercream spiked with irish cream. These were cookies he got to enjoy all by himself. Ok I might have eaten one or a few, but since the kid had her own stash of non spiked simple shortbread cookies, the bigger kid did not have to share them.
The theme this month is Drunken Cookies! Cookies made with booze and/or inspired by booze, we have them all! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!
Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Rosemary Bourbon Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Smoked Sea Salt from The Spiced Life
- Tipsy Chocolate Cherry Cookies from Our Good Life
- Cherry Blossom Tea Cookies from NinjaBaker
- Cinnamon Raisin Blondies from What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Macarons with Bourbon Praline Buttercream from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Amaretto Tricolor Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whiskey Raisin Oatmeal Bars from Food Lust People Love
- Frosted Orange Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Coffee and Irish Cream Sandwich Cookies from Spiceroots
- Chocolate Chip Guinness Cookies from Upstate Ramblings
- Amaretti Biscuits from A Baker’s House
- Bourbon Creams from Baking in Pyjamas
- Chocolate Rum Balls from Noshing With The Nolands
- White Chocolate Chip & Frangelico Hazelnut Cookies from Made With Love
- Nutella Baileys Cookies from Basic N Delicious