Vodka cocktails are my absolute favorite kind of cocktails. And vodka cranberry cocktail tops the charts anytime, for me. I am sure it is because when I started out to try alcoholic beverages, Vodka was the most popular spirit. As vodka is a neutral spirit, without any distinct taste or color ( unless we are talking about the black vodka that I used in my Black Magic Martini and many other infused vodkas), it is easy to build cocktails based on the flavor profile you like.
The Cape Codder Cocktail, also known as cape cod cocktail if you don’t add lime/ lemon juice, is a really quick and easy vodka cranberry recipe. Yes, As simple as that.
What do you need to make a Cape Codder Cocktail ?
- Cranberry juice
- Lime/ lemon
And that really is all to make this New England cocktail drink. Good quality ingredients, stirred together and poured. Some versions of this cocktail add sparkling water or soda.
Purists may find that this recipe that I am sharing today is not “traditional”. The great thing about a fruit juice based cocktail is that you can make it the way you like it. At least I do.
More New England FeastCocktails
- New England Bloody Mary – Creative Culinary
- New Haven-Style Clam Pizza – Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lobster Benedict – Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Weeknight Skillet Shrimp – Shockingly Delicious
- Old Bay Roasted Potato Wedges with Vermont Cheddar Cheese Sauce – From a Chef’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie – Clandestine Cake Club
Cape Codder Cocktail
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- 2 oz vodka (Van Gogh or Grey Goose)
- 4 oz cranberry juice (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- 1/2 oz benedictine
- 1/2 oz lemon/lime juice
- 1 oz ginger beer ( Bundaberg preferably)
- a few sprigs mint for garnish to garnish
- slice of lime or lemon for garnish to garnish
fill a mixing glass with ice
pour all ingredients over ice except the lemon and mint
stir till the drink is completely chilled
take a high ball glass and add in a few ice cubes
strain the drink over ice
garnish with mint and lime/lemon
- if using a sweetened cranberry juice, you can skip using the grenadine.
- ginger beer is optional. You can substitute with a soda or sparkling water