The football season is back. The American Football season, that is. Yes the one where the game is played less with feet and more with the body and yet called foot ball. Jokes apart, this is a season of high emotions, lots of friends, gallons of beer, and a whole range of finger foods. Peanuts go well with most of the liquor or liquor based drinks and beer. And this spicy combination is finger licking good – The garlic is almost buttery, the nuts salty and fiery.
Recipe adapted from: Big small Plates
- 1 cup plain raw peanuts
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic (do not peel)
- 2 – 3 dry red chillies
- zest of one lemon
- koshur salt – to taste
- 1/4th tsp chaat masala
- 1/4th tsp red chilli powder
- Take a non stick pan and dry roast the peanuts on medium heat until you aromatic
- Add the oil and garlic and the dry red chillies
- Continue roasting all the ingredients, breaking up the red chillies into smaller pieces with your spatula.
- When you notice brownish spots on the garlic skins, it is a good indication that the garlic has roasted.
- Now add the red chilli powder, lemon zest and chaat masala
- Stir and add the salt.
- Stir once more , transfer to a plate and serve.
1) Adding salt in the end leaves the full grain of salt on the peanuts, thus enhancing the salty flavor. So use lesser salt
2) The garlic is supposed to be eaten, so go ahead and encourage everyone to eat them – including you.