Long, luxurious days of summer are almost over and kids are back in school. New year of learning, new challenges and new ways of having fun is all on the cards for the teen. She wasn’t really excited about school starting again. After all it means no sleep ins in the morning and no more reading till 2 am and no more “pokemon go” and catching em all.
Cakes have been known to bring up the excitement in teens and adults alike. So Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake was made and devoured. It even made picking up the outfit for first day of school that much easier. Things that cakes can do!
Apples was the theme for our August #BundtBakers event chosen by our wonderful host Wendy who writes the blog: A Day in the Life on the Farm. Thank you, for a wonderful theme, Wendy.
Sharlotka basically means an apple pie. But since its cake like in texture, it falls under the cake category. It is made with eggs, flour and sugar in addition to apples. No other fancy ingredients. Just a basic homemade cake for fall and winter. It is so simple that you would almost think I made a mistake in writing the recipe and that butter and leavening is missing.
Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake is my take on the traditional Russian cake. I wasn’t sure if it would come out intact from a large bundt pan. So I made a double batch of recipe and baked in smaller bundt pans and a large bundt pan. My instincts were right. The larger bundt cake didn’t come out in one piece. Since the cake relies on leavening from eggs, it was a little too delicate for the huge bundt pan. So if you want to try out this recipe, use smaller bundette pans.
What did other BundtBakers make with Apples? Check out the links here!
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple and Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Syrup by Patty’s Cake
- Apple Crumble Bundt by Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- Apple French Cruller Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Apple Honey Blossom Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Apple Spice Bundt with Salted Caramel Sauce by kidsandchic
- Apple Streusel Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Apple~Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Making Miracles
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake by Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake by Magnolia Days
- Clotted Cream & Apple Spice Bundt by Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Caramel Apple Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Apple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Jewish Apple Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Jewish Praline Pecan Apple Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lighter Jewish Apple Cake by Cookaholic Wife
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.