It was my turn to host the book club at home. We usually meet at a quiet location, but sometimes we do get together at homes too. Deciding the menu for my book club buddies posed a great challenge. Why?
Well – it had to be bite sized, so we could munch on while we gossiped about the characters in the book .
It had to be non messy foods, no one likes to get their Kindle/books messy. Now I don’t ! Really really don’t like to get my kindle messy!
It had to be finger food, because who would want to make a scene about eating with silverware when we are animatedly discussing .
And it had to be passing the platter friendly – for one or all the above mentioned reasons.
The book club snack is named so, because these became very popular at one of the book clubs’ meeting I hosted. ‘One of the book clubs’ – well YahA! One is not enough
so how do we make these?
- 1 English Cucumber peeled and sliced in rounds
- 1 loaf of sliced bread
- chopped parsely
- 1/4 c cream cheese
- 2 Tbs greek yogurt
- finely chopped onion and green chillies ( as much or as little as you like)
cookie cutter in the shape that you fancy
Now proceed as follows:
- Add the green chillies and onions to the yogurt. Mix.
- Now add in a pinch of salt, mix and add the cream cheese.
- Mix until smooth.
- Now take slice of bread and cut it with a cookie cutter in the desired shape. I cut mine in round this time.
- Do the same with the cucumber slices too. If for example, if you cut the bread in heart shape, then do the same for the cucumber too.
- Apply the cheese mix on the bread, sprinkle on the freshly chopped parsely, put the slice of cucumber on, add a few specks of ground pepper!
- Enjoy the conversations that follow!
PS: It is a great party appetizer too, and you can make the preps ahead of time and bring the dish together in jiffy when needed.