Summer BBQ, the green backyards, lovely oaks , swaying aspens , a cup of Sangria in your hand swaying you with the breeze & music and oh yes the heady effect.
Sangria is essentially a wine punch infused with flavors of fruits. For more info please check: Sangria at wiki. This particular recipe has been adapted from chef Emeril Lagasse at food network.
- 2 bottles chilled dry red wine, I used a Rioja
- 1 cup brandy, I used a Grand Marnier
- 11/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 oranges, cut into thin rounds
- 1 lemon, cut into thin rounds
- 2 apples, cored and cut into long slices
- 2 pears, cored and cut into long slices
- 2 cups cold club soda
- Crushed Ice
Take a large glass bowl, combine the wine, Grand Marnier, orange juice, and sugar and stir with a wooden or silicon spoon . Keep stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Only after the sugar completely dissolves, add in the orange, lemon, apples & pears, and refrigerate for at least 4- 5 hours.
Take out from the refrigerator when you are ready to serve and add the soda. Mix and serve on ice.