If there was ever a love song in the form of food, this would be it for me. It has all the things I love – asparagus, green chillies, cherry tomatoes, eggs and the tangy goat cheese. A cup of chai and this omelet and I am always ready to take on the world – until the next meal that is !
The Ingredients in this omelet work well together and there is no hard and fast rule about how much one or the other ingredient to put. Enjoy – The making and eating of this wonderful omelet.
- 1/2 C Asparagus – Trimmed, chopped into 1/2 in pieces
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 Thai green chilli [ or less or more ], chopped fine
- 2 Tbs crumbled goat cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten with a tiny pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Heat up the omelet pan
- Add the oil
- stir in the asparagus
- cook for about 2 -3 min, until asparagus is cooked but still crunchy
- Remove asparagus from the pan, leaving behind as much oil as you can
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and cook on medium low heat
- As soon as you see the bottom of the eggs spread setting in, sprinkle the cheese and add the green chillies, asparagus and tomatoes.
8. Cook for a few minutes until the eggs set. Now you can either fold the omelet and let it get cooked to a golden tinge or do what I do – I flip it over to the other side and let the veggies get a little sizzle on the pan,then flip it back and fold it to serve.