We already know about my love for sea-food. I can eat it without getting bored of it. Shell fish like the shrimp, are in fact so quick to make that it is one of my go to ingredients when someone drops by and stays back for dinner. This scrumptious shrimp is an easy coconut shrimp dish and one where you do not have to follow a recipe. Put things in together and voilà !
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic [use more if you like]
- 2 Tbs prawn (shrimp) paste (available at Asian stores)
- 2 Tbs chopped lemon grass
- ¼ Tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli Powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional – this is for more heat)
- 1 Tbs vinegar [white or rice]
- 2 – 3 Tbs freshly Grated coconut (optional)
- 1 Tbs extra virgin coconut oil/ any other cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- A few bamboo skewers
- Peel and devein the shrimp. here is how
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and a bit of salt to the shrimp and keep aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Once hot add the coconut oil.
- Now add the garlic, stir and cook until fragrant. Add the shrimp paste, lemon grass and cook for a minute or so.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for two minutes.
- Finally add in the vinegar and the chilli flakes ( if using) let the shrimp get coated thoroughly with all the ingredients.
- Arrange on the skewers, garnish with the coconut.