This Cake was the first cake I ever made with fondant. The cake within the gift box is a coconut cake with cream cheese filling. I enjoyed doing the fondant gift box and it took us well over 2 hours to put all of this together. But hey It was the first day of a new technique and the result was so beautiful that I did not want to cut the cake !!
My love for Mushrooms is legendary and My SO’s hate for them was legendary. Then I created this recipe. Now he “requests” for these every now and then. That is quite a legendary turnaround! isn’t it?
This is aromatic, because of the mint and It is oh so hot, because of the green chillies and its crunchy because of the stir fried mushrooms. It is devoured by the weight watching friends as well.
For those of you who can not handle the heat well, reduce the quantities of the chillies as per your taste.
Here is what you need:
Serving size: 3-4 people
- One pack of Mushrooms [button mushrooms work well ]
- 3-5 Green chillies ,Chopped[ Use more or less based on how much heat you can handle]
- 2-3 Dried Red Chillies, crushed . or use 1-2 tsp of chilli flakes. [ or suit the heat to your taste]
- 3-4 cloves of garlic. Finely chopped [ add more if u like the Garlicky taste and if you are using the small pod garlic.. use about 12 cloves]
- 1/4 cup tightly packed chopped cilantro
- 1/4th cup chopped mint
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 Tbs oil
- Koshur Salt
- Wash the mushrooms and pat them dry.
- Cut the mushrooms in halves.
- Heat up a wok on high heat. Add oil. Make sure it doesn’t smoke but is hot enough. Add in the mushrooms,some salt [as per taste] ; stir fry till the water almost dries. We are adding the salt at an early stage to make the mushrooms ooze out any water and since the heat is high, we make sure they don’t turn soggy. This method keeps them crisp.
- At this stage you may want to leave the kitchen windows open or the stove top chimney running at high or use any other device to send the smoky hot fumes of air outside your kitchen.
- Add the chopped garlic. keep stirring on high heat for about 30 seconds. Do not let it burn.
- Now turn down the heat to a low, add the green chillies , red chilli flakes, the mint leaves and cilantro. Add the vinegar too.
- Stir it in for a few seconds, until the mushrooms are coated with the spices.
- Turn off the heat.
- Plate it and Serve.
- This goes well with red wines and Beer or even orange juice.
You can try to vary the taste by adding oregano and reducing cilantro. If you do not use vinegar, you can substitute it with some lemon juice.