Since we are already sharing the Love of sea food, I thought it would be great to sign off with a simple yet tasty shrimp dish. It’s a twist on shrimp melody (recipe coming soon) and goes well with red wine/ beer if you are entertaining. It’s one of those dishes where you do not have to follow a recipe. Put in things together and voilà !
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic [use more if you like]
- 2 Tbs prawn (shrimp) paste (available at Asian stores)
- 2 Tbs chopped lemon grass
- ¼ Tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli Powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional – this is for more heat)
- 1 Tbs vinegar [white or rice]
- 2 – 3 Tbs freshly Grated coconut (optional)
- 1 Tbs extra virgin coconut oil/ any other cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- A few bamboo skewers
- Peel and devein the shrimp. here is how
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and a bit of salt to the shrimp and keep aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Once hot add the coconut oil.
- Now add the garlic, stir and cook until fragrant. Add the shrimp paste, lemon grass and cook for a minute or so.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for two minutes.
- Finally add in the vinegar and the chilli flakes ( if using) let the shrimp get coated thoroughly with all the ingredients.
- Arrange on the skewers, garnish with the coconut.