Are they cookies? Are they Brownies? Is it a cheesecake? These were the questions floating around the living room. No one was asking me, but the guessing game was on. Sometimes I let them wonder without telling them what I am up to. Seeing me make a batch of cookie dough, whip up cream cheese with eggs and mix a batch of eggs and chocolates, the spouse and the offspring were trying to guess what I was making. Usually I finish my baking before the kid gets home, so she can come home to a fresh batch of goodies and enjoy them before heading out for the next activity of the day. But some times life happens and I end up baking well after dinner time. This was one such day.
So I let them wonder and kept working. The batch of brownies came out, the house was smelling brownie like and people were waiting for it cool down when I layered it with cheesecake and topped with the chocolate chip cookie dough. It might have raised some eyebrows but by now they have gotten used to some unique type of creations every once a while. So in anticipation they waited and finally after much patience for waiting for the photos to be taken, they ate a few of these Cookie Dough Brownie and Cheesecake Bars with some milk. Patience pays in cookies!
I minimally adapted the recipe for Cookie Dough Brownie and Cheesecake Bars from the Brownie Bottom Cookie Dough Cheesecake recipe from Handle the Heat . I used a brownie recipe that works for me, and used the idea for the bars from Tessa’s blog.
The theme this month for the Creative Cookie Exchange is Layered Bar Cookies–if you like crispy, crunchy, chewy, creamy or gooey layers packed into one cookie you have come to the right place!! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!
Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of our bloggers have made this month:
- Caramel Swirled Cheesecake Bars from The Spiced Life
- Hawaiian Layer Bars from Food Lust People Love
- Praline Pecan Coconut Shortbread Bars from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cookie Dough Brownie and Cheesecake Bars from Spiceroots
- Club Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bars from Our Good Life
- Nanaimo Bars from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Gooey Pumpkin Cookie Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Magic Peanut Butter S’mores Cookie Bars from Rhubarb and Honey
- Double chocolate caramel squares from Flours and Frostings
- Caramel Apple Bar Cookies from 2CookinMamas
- Layered cookies for Bappa from ISingCakes and More
- Churros Cheesecake Bars from A Baker’s House