When the sky is threatening to pour it all down on you, and the clouds are hanging low, you know it’s time to relax with Gazals or any other music that makes you swoon and bring out that omelet pan. Put a kettle on to make you some tea ( I made masala chai) and get ready to whip up a crunchy soul stirring Easy Vegetable Egg Scramble that will make you fly on those clouds!
Rains bring out the romantic me – Every single time. It does make my significant other a little nervous, coz after all he is the “otherkind” and not a womankind. Edgy or not, I make sure the romance brushes off on him too. He isn’t complaining!! And if he is – not to me he isn’t (read that as he daren’t)
Eggs, mushrooms, asparagus – what a beautiful combination for a nice spring morning! Add some fresh organic strawberries and go to a comfortable place where no one will ask you to share your goodies or I hoped.
This is more like a guideline than a recipe. So if you want to make this – follow your instincts.
The key to getting mushrooms to crisp up is to sauté them without clouding them in the fat and cook on high heat. They release some water first and then it dries back up and your mushrooms start to get crisp.
For this recipe I used:
- 2 eggs
- 1 asparagus
- ¼ cup thinly sliced white mushrooms
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of green chili for the kick
- Lightly beat the eggs
- Chop the asparagus
- Heat a pan, add some ghee, add the mushrooms in a single layer. Allow them to cook till crisp.
- Add the asparagus, sauté it for a minute on medium heat. Add the salt. Stir everything. Add the chili and mix.
- Now add the eggs. Let them cook for a bit and stir slowly with a spatula. You want to fold the eggs over – just like scrambled eggs. Because this is after all a scrambled eggnoction.
- As soon as you see that there is no more runny liquid egg running out when you fold the eggs, remove from the pan and plate them.
- I added a dash of Tabasco to my plate and a couple of strawberries.